A new ODA Team has been established to the lead the implementation of the South African ICT RDI Roadmap 2013-2023, that is funded by the Government Department of Science and Technology and hosted by the CSIR.
In recent months, the ODA office has appointed Mr. Akhona Damane as ODA Manager and Ms. Munzhedzi Netshitangani as ODA Analyst who are supported by the DST/CSIR Planning and Monitoring Committee as well as the external Advisory Committee constituting of the NSI partners and the ICT industry role-players.
The priority of the new team is to engage with all key stakeholders in order to, among other things:
- Take stock of the current funding commitments
- Negotiate for additional investment
- Discuss reprioritisation and realignment of current ICT RDI projects
- Secure data-sharing agreements, and
- Discuss future / pipeline projects that may not be part of the current market opportunities.